What does personal data include under the GDPR?
Personal data under the GDPR includes any information which is related to an identified or identifiable natural person. The term personal data is very broadly interpreted and includes any information that directly relates to a particular person or any indirect identifiers that can be can be used to identify them.
Examples of personal data include, but are not limited to:
- Name and surname
- Phone number
- Location data such as home address or live location
- Personal identification numbers: social security number (SSN), passport number, driver’s license number, financial account number, or credit card number
- Email address and Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Cookie-ID and advertising identifiers
- Personal characteristics: photographic images (of the face or other identifying characteristics), voice recordings
- Biometric data such as fingerprints, retina scans, or facial geometry