CookieYes Limited (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.cookieyes.com website.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your personal data. Please read the following privacy notice to understand how we collect and use your personal data. This privacy notice also explains the rights available to you in respect of your personal data.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to CookieYes Limited, 3 Warren Yard, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes, England, MK12 5NW, United Kingdom.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Usage Data is any data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Website refers to CookieYes, accessible from https://www.cookieyes.com/.
- Service refers to the Website.
- You means the individual accessing or using our Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Billing Address
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
The cookies we use are detailed below:
|_hjIncludedInSample||Analytics||http||Never Expire||This cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate Heatmaps, Funnels, Recordings, etc.|
|_gid||Analytics||http||1 day||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number of visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_144842869_1||Analytics||http||1 minute||Google uses this cookie to distinguish users.|
|_ga||Analytics||http||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data, and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|has_recent_activity||Analytics||http||1 hour||This cookie is used to signal to the code repository website if the user has browsed other website resources during the current session.|
|NID||Advertisement||https||6 months||This cookie is used to a profile based on the user’s interest and displays personalized ads to the users.|
|_fbp||Advertisement||https||3 months||This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisements when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.|
|_fr||Advertisement||https||3 months||The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisements to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: To manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact You by email regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. When you send us an email via the contact form on this website, your name, email address and message will be emailed to us (as you would expect). This information is kept private. We will store this information within our own email system so that we are able to respond to you.
- To manage Your comments: When you comment on a blog post or web page on this site, then your name, email address, IP address, and message will be stored in our website database (as you would expect). This makes your name, website address, and comment (but not your email address) viewable by the general public on the website. If you have entered your email address to leave a comment on our blog posts, it is used to identify your comment, however, it is not displayed on the website or shared with any third party.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
Use of “End User Data”
CookieYes doesn’t collect personally identifiable information from the website where a CookieYes script is added. CookieYes is the data processor and collects and processes information only on instruction by you as the data controller.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services, or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms page.
Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We retain personal data we collect from you for as long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected or where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a product or service you have requested), or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or regulatory requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either securely destroy, erase, delete or anonymise it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
We do not share your personal information or email address with third parties.
Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your personal data or receive a copy of your personal data, restrict or object to the active processing of your data, ask us to share (port) your personal information to another entity, withdraw any consent you provided to us to process your data, a right to lodge a complaint with a statutory authority and such other rights as may be relevant under applicable laws. To exercise these rights, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
You may opt-out of direct marketing communications or the profiling we carry out for marketing purposes by writing to us at email@example.com.
Do note that if you do not allow us to collect or process the required personal information or withdraw the consent to process the same for the required purposes, you may not be able to access or use the services for which your information was sought.
Just like you, we hate spam. We do not send you spam emails. You may opt-out of our emails at any time. An ‘unsubscribe’ link is included in all of our email newsletters.
How to correct inaccurate information
Once posted, you cannot change or remove any comments you have submitted on our website pages and/or posts. However, if you would like to have this information removed please contact us and we will do this for you.
You should know that because of technical constraints, all information is never completely removed from our databases. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests that it be removed. We will aim to remove all publicly-facing information.
Use by Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your information is important to us and we will use reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration of your information under our control.
However, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security and consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.
It is assumed that you accept such changes if you continue to use the site and services. If you do not accept such changes, please do not hesitate to contact us (details below) so that we can provide you with further assistance/ information on this matter.