Does GDPR apply to personal blogs?
Yes, GDPR can be applicable to personal blogs. Personal websites like blogs may collect personal data from users and these can include:
- Contact forms that collect personal data for e-books, newsletters, gated content etc.
- Comments forms that collect information such as name, email address,
Even if you do not explicitly collect personal data, you may still be bound by the GDPR if you undertake the following data-processing activities:
- Use third-party apps and data processors like Google Analytics, ad networks, social media plugins, pixels or widgets.
- Set cookies for tracking browsing behaviour or have cookies set by third parties.
- Use email marketing tools or use a web hosting provider.
Here’s a GDPR compliance checklist that can help you comply with GDPR easily.